Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Remember Whensday No. 27 - Christmas Pony

Ho! Ho! Ho! It's Remember Whensday time again. Remember Whensday is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing your "old" photographs and memories. Old can be yesterday or yesteryear - you decide. I normally open up the meme each Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time, 1830 hrs hours UTC for Wednesday play through the week.

The "rules" are straightforward and simple.
- Please post your picture and story before adding your URL link below.
- Invite others to join in by linking back to this site.
- Have fun, this is a must!

~~~~~~~~~~
This week it's a jump back to 1995 with my niece and nephew, Candice and Shane. Candice (or Sissy as she's known) got a pony for Christmas. The pony is a Welsh Cob and it's name was Cheyenne.

Candice & Shane on Cheyenne

Sissy went on to be quite the horsewoman and was very active in her 4H club. She was the 4H state champion in Hunt Seat equitation at the Puyallup Fair in 2002. That was fun but nerve wracking to watch!

Shane was a little cutie and a handful back then. Still is...a handful at least! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for sharing your memories this week!! Don't forget to visit our other Remember Whensday participants.

6 comments:

  1. Well Hello! Now that's one hell of an x-mas pres. Every thing IS bigger in the States, apparently. Am againt over consuming but have to admit that not all money can buy is all that bad. Off this they've probably got; sence of responcipility, new friends, tons of great outdoor and similar such. You know, the good n' important stuff. Stuff that Really matters.

    Thank you so much for sharing. I learnt som new today. Thank You very much, Sally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given anything for a pony when I was young. I eventually did get to ride a friends horse. She had two, and we had great adventures.
    Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bow on the very handsome pony. A gift to remember for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pony for Christmas...isn't that every little girl's dream? The bow on the tail is cute and the kids even cuter. I'm glad she enjoyed the pony so much amd that now you have these excellent memories from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband asked for a pony every year for many years. It the only gift he really wanted that he never got. Love it, especially with the bow on the backside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Sally! lil som, semi-personal, 2 u @ http://pwtcooking.blogspot.com/2009/12/givin-is-receivin.html please take a looksee, if u will.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for remembering something to comment about.